HEMP SEED OIL – FANTASTIC FOR PREGNANT MARES
Hemp seed oil is an ideal fat for horses. It has a high level of polyunsaturated fats and a low level of saturated fats. It’s an efficient source of dietary energy because it is cold-pressed from the hemp seeds at low temperatures, retaining maximum nutrient value.
Benefits of omega-3 fatty acids for horses :
* Reduces inflammation;
* Supports immune function;
* Helps horses with allergies and skin conditions;
* Improves respiratory issues and joint health; and
* Contributes to positive reproductive benefits such as improved fertility, enriched colostrum quality, enhanced passive transfer of antibodies to foals, and increased sperm concentration, motility, and viability.
WHAT SETS HEMPSEED OIL APART FROM THE REST?
Hemp seed oil contains GLA , gamma linolenic acid, which naturally delivers the ideal ratio of omega 3 to omega 6 fatty acids. Finding this perfect balance of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids is important because too much of one fatty acid can stop the formation of the other, with potentially negative and inflammatory effects.
Current literature suggests that horses on high grain diets, with joint inflammation, dull coats or allergic skin conditions, will benefit from a hemp seed oil supplement of optimally balanced omega fatty acids.
EQUINE HEMP SEED OIL FACTS:
* Highly palatable, rich source of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids
* Prime Hemp seed Oil delivers an ideal ratio of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids without causing imbalance.
* Efficient source of dietary energy
* Naturally free of phytoestrogens
* Enhances stamina by sparing muscle glycogen
* Mitigates muscle fatigue during high intensity exercise
* Ideal for horses prone to gastric ulcers, hind gut acidosis, muscle soreness, tying up, laminitis and colic.
* Ideal for pregnant mares in late gestation with an increased fetal development energy requirement.